With another storm moving in and the current snowpack still looking good, it’s time to get out there and get after it for one last frozen adventure. Here are some tips to capitalize on the gifts of snow and sunshine that mother nature has graciously provided us this spring:
- Be sure to get a good spring tune on your skis or snowboard before you head up the hill. This will greatly improve speed and mobility in the sticky spring conditions. Head over to Charter Sports to get on the fast track to smooth turns.
- Slather up with sunscreen! The sun is shining and that means sunburns! The reflection off the snow intensifies the suns rays so be sure to protect yourself with at least SPF 30
- BBQ on mountain! Bring your brats and dogs to the on mountain grills and you are sure to have a sizzling spring experience.
- Get decked out in the craziest costume you can find. From banana costumes to vintage onesies closing day dawns a sight to see!
- And of course be safe on your last run down.
For me, my favorite part of closing day is the last run down. This usually occurs long after the lifts have stopped spinning.The mountain takes on the lawless persona of a ghost town, and those last few turns remind us all good things must come to an end. Fear not, the lifts will turn again and that frozen freedom we long for all summer will return.